Monday, October 27, 2008

City Dogs...

For those of you who didn't know, I run a school for dogs born without part of their name.
I take Bernese Dogs and teach them to be Bernese Mountain Dogs, you know, like their ancestors. Check out more photos on the Bettis 08 blog.



It's important to keep heritage and tradition alive in a culture and these dogs are no different. Teaching them to jump 12 feet down a slot canyon over and over again is more important than learning to chase a ball.



These dogs passed with flying colors and and have now reached level 1 of mountain training. I think they are still Bernese City Dogs at this point but they'll get there eventually.

Good Job Bode and Harley for keeping your cool and hanging in there. (literally at some points.)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

that cute dog looks more like a bernese valley dog! great shot sherri.