
I traveled through snow and sleet this weekend to a mountain retreat for the 31st annual Dig Dug world Championships. This annual event brings together some of the worlds most advanced Dig Dug players. Last year there was near riots when the power went out and all scores were lost. This year thanks to a few players for helping to install a backup generator prior to the competition beginning. there is no way we'll lose my high score this time.

among the elite performers there was current world record holder who goes by the game name "Cat". her score was a nearly impossible to beat 38,500. I had a tough match on my hands.
Here's how it went down. "Cat" went to a WR and PB of 38,900 and appeared to crush my dreams of being dig dug world champion. 7 pm, I was up, we fired up the generator, I drank a Dickens Cider and went to work. at 38,800 I had a run in with one of the dragons, That was close, I pumped him up and BAM he was dead, 40,000 A new WR and PB and national record for the US. It must have been sometime around 1 am, I could barely see straight and ran into a dragon again, this time there must have been 7 or 8 of them, they cooked me. I couldn't believe it when I looked at the score, 158,460. I blew away the old record by 4 times!!
Go me! 

No comments:
Post a Comment