Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I don't care who you vote for.

I really don't care who you vote for, I just have a couple of suggestions.


When you go into the little polling booth, or stand in front of the computer in Utah, Don't vote for somebody because you like their glasses.

Don't vote for somebody because you think they are "hot"

Let's think about this scenario, the lady with the cool glasses and the not too shabby appearance becomes vice president. The actual guy who's running, John Mccain, God forbid, Dies. You now have a couple of firsts, the first woman US president, the First time I become Canadian, the first time the whole country steps back and says, "but she was wearing such nice shoes in the campaign, I didn't know she didn't have experience"

Now like I said, I don't care who you vote for, I actually like(d) John Mccain and what he has stood up for over the last however many years. I just want to see people vote for the person that shares their common goals (not taste) And vote for that person because they are qualified to run the country and lead us in a direction of positives rather than more downhill.

I'm sure that Sarah Palin is a great person and has done good things for Alaska and the small town where she was a Mayor. I'm sure she will deal well with social issues like special needs kids. I'm not so sure she can see Russia from her house and I don't think we know enough about her to elect her to what could ultimately be the president of the USA.

I don't want somebody to be elected to office because they are "just like me" (or you) I want somebody smarter than me, smarter than you (no offense) and experienced enough to know what decisions to make regarding the things that matter to the best country in the world.
If you read this blog you can figure out who I am voting for and that's all fine and great, I voted early already so I am locked in, you should too.

No comments: